Thursday, 25 May 2017, 6 p.m., Edinburgh
Panel Discussion on Working and Planning for Business Success
Please make your finalised booking before Monday, 22nd May 2017.
Add event to your calendar
Newest Corporate Member: Upstreamly Ltd
The Scottish Oil Club welcomes the newest corporate member, Upstreamly Ltd of London as a "Corporate staff <= 10" sized company.
Upstreamly Ltd is a firm of Chartered Accountants based in London and Aberdeen specialising in the upstream oil and gas industry. Upstreamly provides personalised and tailored accounting, tax and advisory services in the UK and internationally. The team have first-hand knowledge of working in the industry and are able to leverage off this experience to provide an efficient and effective service.
40th Annual Dinner of the Scottish Oil Club
The Scottish Oil Club plans a 40th Annual Dinner of the Scottish Oil Club in on Friday 23 February 2018, on the eve of the Calcutta Cup Six Nations Rugby match between England and Scotland at Murrayfield the follwing day. The event will be held at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh. See the Event Page for details, including Booking Process
As in previous years, bookings will commence in two tranches:
- Tranche 1 on Thursday 15 June 2017 10:00 a.m. for those members who wish to sponsor the event. See Sponsorship for details of sponsorship benfits. Booking for individual seats will start in Tranche 1.
- Tranche 2 on Thursday 22 June 2017 10:00 a.m. for other members for corporate tables or individual seats.
Scottish Oil Club Events in London
The Board of Directors of the Scottish Oil Club is pleased to announce the dates of three SOC events to be held in London. This initiative was announced at the Scottish Oil Club Annual Dinner 2017. Details to be announced when available.
- Thursday May 18 at the Geological Society
- Thursday Sep 21 at The Royal Society
- Thursday Nov 16 at the Royal Society
Golf Outing, 3 August 2017
The 2017 Scottish Oil Club Golf Outing will be held on 3 August 2017 at the Eden Course, St. Andrews, followed by a meal at the St. Andrews Golf Club. The date and course is based on feedback from responses to the survey we sent to everyone on the SOC email mailing list. Bookings are now open. See Golf for information about the event, and Golf for past winners.
2017-2018 Scottish Oil Club Dates
Dates for the next season of the Scottish Oil Club have been set:
- Thursday 3 August 2017 Golf Outing, Eden Course, St. Andrews
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 The Royal Society, London
- Thursday 5 Oct 2017, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Thursday 2 Nov 2017, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Thursday 16 Nov 2017, The Royal Society, London
- Thursday 7 Dec 2017, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Thursday 15 Feb 2018, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Friday 23 Feb 2018, 40th Annual Dinner of the Scottish Oil Club, National Museuem of Scotland, Edinburgh
- Thursday 15 Mar 2018, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
- Thursday 17 May 2018, Royal Scots Club, Edinburgh
How to Book for Scottish Oil Club Events
See How to Book and Pay for guidance on how to book and pay for Scottish Oil Club events.
Basically, just send an email to email@example.com with your booking request.
If you have special needs to ensure your compliance with your company's purchasing policy and procedures, please provide that information in your booking request. See How to Book and Pay for more information.
Connect to the Scottish Oil Club on Twitter, the Mailing list, and LinkedIn
The Scottish Oil Club 'tweets' on @scottishoilclub and runs a low-volume SOC-business-only mailing list. Follow the Scottish Oil Club on Linkedin at www.linkedin.com/company/scottish-oil-club. See icons at the top of every Scottish Oil Club web page. Subscribe to the mailing list (via input box upper right corner of this web page).
Email Distribution List
The Scottish Oil Club occasionally (2-3 times for each event) sends email to the distribution list concerning Scottish Oil Club events. The mailing list is never used for purposes other than for the Scottish Oil Club. You can sign up to this email distribution using the link above right "Subscribe to our Mailing List". To complete the subscription process you will need to reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to you. The distribution list and all email distribution is accomplish using the services of MailChimp.
If you computer is "protected" by aggressive spam (junk mail) filters operated by your organisation or controlled by you via your email client software, this could lead to the unintended consequence that Scottish Oil Club email may not "get through" to you. For guidance on fixing this possible problem with your email system, see guidance at Email Filtering.