The Scottish Oil Club Membership
as of 2019-2020 Season
To join the Scottish Oil Club, please fill in the membership form (links provided here) and then send that form to the Executive Secretary (via email): Microsoft Word DOCX Format or Adobe Acrobat PDF.
Seasonal Annual Memberships run in parallel with the Club's season and fiscal year from July 1 through June 30 of the following year. Members joining after the Club's Annual Dinner and before June 30 will have their membership extended through the following season.
You can pay for membership by cheque or BACS bank transfer (details are given on the invoice provided after you submit your application form).
Membership is required to book for the Annual Dinner and the Annual Golf event.
Corporate Seasonal Membership
|Organisation Size||Seasonal Fee|
|CORP1: Corporate staff <= 10||GBP 100.00 + VAT (GBP 120.00)|
|CORP2: Corporate 10 < staff < 200||GBP 250.00 + VAT (GBP 300.00)|
|CORP3: Corporate staff >= 200||GBP 450.00 + VAT (GBP 540.00)|
The annual dues for Corporate Membership are based on the total number of employees in the organisation. The benefits of Corporate Membership include:
- All employees are entitled to participate in the dinners which follow the presentations (dinners require payment).Employees can attend the presentation only without charge.
- Free notification (via email) of Club events for unlimited number of employees, regardless of membership size. See link above for subscribing to the mailing list.
- Listing on the List of Corporate Members on this web site, sorted in order of class of membership based on organisation size (see above).
- The company can have entry in the electronic for-member-use-only The Scottish Oil Club Directory of Members, which can include a full description of the business and as many contact names as required. Upon request, this directory is sent via email to all named contacts.
- The company has a right to book tables, subject to availability, at the Annual Dinner for corporate entertainment and to to be a sponsor of this premier event. See Sponsors.
Individual Seasonal Membership
|Individual Category||Seasonal Fee|
|HON: Honorary||GBP 0.00 + VAT (GBP 0.00)|
|ORMI: Individual||GBP 40.00 + VAT (GBP 48.00)|
|ORMR: Individual (Retired)||GBP 20.00 + VAT (GBP 24.00)|
Individual (Ordinary) Membership is open to all those who have no full time corporate affiliation, or who wish to join the Club in a personal capacity. Individual Members can
- attend all presentations at meetings free of charge
- participate in the dinners which follow the presentations (dinners require payment)
- there are separate tables at the Annual Dinner reserved for Individual Members who wish to attend, subject to availability
- free copiesof the electronic version of the for-member-use-only The Scottish Oil Club Directory of Members
- Individual Members are listed in the for-member-use-only The Scottish Oil Club Directory of Members under their own name (with no corporate or company affiliation given)
The following figures show changes in Scottish Oil Club membership over the last few years, compared to Brent Crude price.
The Scottish Oil Club welcomes the participation of students from universities. While the Club does not have a special category of "student" membership, students at universities which hold corporate membership have all the privileges of corporate members of the Club (except the ability to book a table at the Annual Dinner, a priviledge reserved for the university leaders). See the Membership List at right for the current list of corporate members.
Students are welcome to attend the monthly meetings of the Club. Attendance at the presentation is currently free of any charge; however so that we can predict the head-count we would appreciate booking for presentations only.
Students are also welcome to attend the dinners at the monthly meetings of the Club; however for these payment for the dinner is required
The Scottish Oil Club provides a student sponsorship programme where by the Club and members sponsor the cost of dinners for a limited number of students at the dinner meetings of the Club. These programmes are coordinated by a local staff member at the university.
Directory of Members
The Scottish Oil Club Directory of Members is published as an HTML and PDF electronic file which is readable using your internet browser software. Copies are provided to members upon them joining, and at intervals, and sent out upon request.
We send it out as a ZIP file as we have learned that some corporate security systems block HTML attachments in email. Some even block ZIP files. If this affects you, contact your IT support staff to find out how to resolve this conundrum.
The document is marked for use by members only and should not be released to non-members of the Scottish Oil Club.
The Directory of Members is not available on this web site.